Tuesday, June 9, 2009

So Much For a Sex Scandal

I have been no blogger. But with my job that provides me with more than 8 hours of Internet access, I can’t help but notice the many nasty things people have to say about the Katrina Halili and Hayden Kho issue; not to mention, Senator Bong Revilla, as well.


I am no perfect Filipino citizen but I know I am one who tells myself that I should know how to look at things in the right aspect and proportions.

Katrina Halili is a victim who sought for help. Some could say, “unfortunately,” she went to the “wrong guy” for help. When Senator Revilla came out with this case through his privilege speech, we all asked, “Bakit ngayon lang?”

BAKIT?

I figured that it is a stupid question to ask. Because when and while past sex scandals came out, all we did was catch up in the hype- watching the videos, sharing the videos and even mocking the videos- quenching our thirst for some hot-topic scandalous entertainment.

But now that something is actually being done, not only for the benefit of one person, we just actually choose to call our Senators senseless publicity-whores and/or man-whores.

Is this fair?

We criticize anyone; anyone, in general; regardless of the good in that particular person.

We NEVER fail to see a person’s tainted sides. And when we grab a crowd that also entirely focuses on that, it turns into the only thing we focus on.

Why don’t we cut the long-time crappy bad habit?

It has to be about time we learned how to respect one another in order for other people to generally respect us (aside from the arena of boxing).

No comments:

Post a Comment